Congratulations! You're getting married, or you're in an upcoming wedding! As a makeup artist, I have a few tips and tricks up my sleeve to help your makeup apply beautifully the morning of. Here are my top tips!
1. Get facials leading up to the big day. Seeing an esthetician and starting a skincare regimen is going to be the biggest game changer. Estheticians know skin inside and out and can help you with any skin concern you might have! This is my biggest recommendation so your skin is healthy and glowy the day of!
2. Consider getting dermaplaned the week of your wedding. Dermaplaning is a service where a surgical razor is used on the skin to exfoliate and remove vellus hair. Your makeup will glide on and you're guaranteed to have the smoothest skin on your wedding day!
3. If you plan on getting your brows done (highly recommend), please do it early in your wedding week! Make sure you go to a licensed professional. Getting your brows shaped will frame your eyes and allow your eye shadow to glide on perfectly! It gives a nice, clean look!
4. Make sure you have a lip color purchased for touch ups. And make sure your bridesmaids know they will need a touch up lipstick as well!
5. Make sure you come to your makeup appointment with clean skin. Your artist will apply any moisturizers before the makeup application. Some creams can contain ingredients that will cause flashback in flash photography. Or, get the moisturizer okay-ed from your artist before!
6. Consider booking a spray tan. I have been doing spray tans for years and get amazing results, without that orange look. Spray tans have come a long way in the last ten years. You can always spot the one bridesmaid who didn't want to get one!
Enjoy your big day! These are obviously suggestions... if you do none of these things your wedding is still going to be perfect. These are just nice suggestions for the beauty enthusiast!